Thursday, 21 November 2019
Confederation Circular Dated 18.11.2019
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES & WORKERS CENTRAL HEADQUARTERS
IST FLOOR, NORTH AVENUE POSTOFFICE BUILDING, NEW DELHI-110001
No. Confdn/NS/2016-19 Dated-18.11.2019
1. All National Secretariat Members (CHQ Office Bearers)
2. All Affiliated organisations
3. All General Secretaries of C-O-Cs.
CONFEDERATION NATIONAL SECRETARIAT CALLS UPON ENTIRE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
(including Gramin Dak Sevaks and Casual/Contract Workers)
TO MOBILIZE AND PARTICIPATE IN THE
2020 JANUARY 8th NATIONWIDE STRIKE
ORGANISE MASS DHARNA AND DEMONSTRATIONS AND RALLIES AT ALL IMPORTANT CENTRES
AND STATE/DISTRICT/ DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS
ON 20th DECEMBER, 2019.
* Strike to be organised on 10 points Charter of demands of Confederation (attached herewith) and also the common demands of workers adopted in the National Convention of Workers.
* First and most important demand to be emphasized is “SCRAP NPS AND RESTORE OPS”.
* Each affiliated organisation should independently chalkout intensive campaign programmes to mobilise their entire membership to participate in the strike. Campaign tour programmes of leaders of each affiliate should be chalked out immediately. This is most important and urgent.
* Campaign tour programmes of National Secretariat Members of Confederation will be published shortly.
* Draft copy of the pamphlet to be distributed among all the Central Government employees will be published in the Confederation website shortly. C-O-Cs and Affiliates at state/district level to bring out pamphlets in respective vernacular, with additions/modifications if necessary.
* State C-O-Cs should publish Posters with Confederation Charter of demands.
* Strike notice along with Charter of demands will be served on 12th December, 2019.
Confederation Central Headquarters will serve strike notice to Cabinet Secretary. All Affiliated organisations should serve strike notice to their respective Departmental heads. Copy of the strike notice should be submitted to all lower level authorities also at State/District/Divisional level with mass demonstrations and gate meetings.
* Affiliated organisations should send copy of the strike notice served by them to their Departmental heads, to all their lower units and also publish the same in their websites.
* State/District C-O-Cs should plan their own campaign programmes and mobilization meetings.
* Confederation Central Headquarters has already written to the Secretary General of Confederation of Central Government Gazetted Officers Organisation (CCGGOO) requesting to participate in the 8th January 2020 strike.
* Message of the strike and strike demands should reach each and every Central Govt. employee including Gramin Dak Sevaks and Casual, Part-time contingent, daily-rated and Contract Workers.
* All Affiliates and C-C-Cs should ensure maximum participation of Central Govt. employees in all the campaign and mobilization programmes of Joint Action Council of Central Trade Unions and Independent Federations also.
* As in the past, Government may issue circulars, threatening the employees who participate in the strike. Ignore all such circulars and join the strike with courage and determination. Don’t believe in rumours. All information related to the strike will be published in Confederation website www.confederationhq.blogspot.com
* Mass dharna at all important centres and also at State/District/Divisional headquarters may be organised on 20th December 2019, with maximum participation of Central Govt. Employees.
* Give maximum publicity through local media, social media and websites. Send photos and reports by whatsapp or Email to Confederation Headquarters.
* Central Government Pensioners Associations may be requested to particpate in all mobilisation programmes and also to organise solidarity programme on 8th January, 2020.
Remember, all our existing benefits and rights are achieved through struggles and sacrifices only. No strike action will go in vain. No sacrifice will go in vain. We will fight and we will win.
II. National Conference of Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers:
As already informed to all in the Circular dated 01-08-2019, the next National Conference of Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers will be held at NAGPUR (Maharashtra) on 07-02-2020 and 08-02-2020 (7th & 8th February 2020; Friday and Saturday). Delegate fee per head is Rs.1,000/- (Rs. One thousand only). In addition to delegates, visitors are also allowed to attend the Conference on payment of Rs.1,000/- (Rs. One thousand only) per head.
All Affiliated organisations and C-O-Cs are requested to ensure maximum participation of delegates and visitors in the National Conference, including maximum Lady delegates and visitors.
Please book the travel tickets of the delegates and visitors well in advance. Last minute, confirmed tickets will not be available.
C-O-C, Vidharbha Region, Maharashtra, Nagpur, is hosting the National Conference. Contact Number: Com: Nilesh D Nasare, General Secretary, C-O-C, Vidarbha Region, Nagpur & All India Organising Secretary, Confederation CHQ, Mob: 09850354898.
Women’s Sub Committee of the Confederation will be re-constituted in the Conference and New Office Bearers will be elected.
The names and mobile numbers of leaders, delegates and visitors attending the National Conference may be intimated to the Reception Committee on or before 31-12-2019. This is required for arranging accommodation.
C-O-C Mumbai, C-O-C Nagpur and nearby states C-O-Cs may ensure participation of more delegates/visitors/lady comrades.
Formal notice of the National Conference will be issued shortly.
Number of Delegates and Quota Remittance:
Number of eligible delegates of each Affiliated organisation and C-O-C is decided based on the quota remitted. The National Secretariat meeting of Confederation held at Hyderabad on 19th October 2019, has decided that the subscription/quota dues list of affiliates will be placed in the Comnfederation website by the Financial Secretary shortly and all will be once again asked to pay out the arrears by 20-12-2019. On the basis of remittances received thereupon, voting rights will be compiled and exhibited in the website.
Contact number of Com.Vrigu Bhattacharjee, Financial Secretary, Confederation CHQ - 09868520926 and 09013163804.
All the Affiliated organisations and C-O-Cs are once again requested to remit the subscription/quota dues on or before 20-12-2019 without fail and ensure participation of maximum delegates and visitors in the National Conference.
LET US MEET AT NAGPUR AFTER THE HISTORIC 2020 JANUARY 8th STRIKE.
LET US STRENGTHEN OUR UNITY FURTHER.
UNITY FOR STRUGGLE AND STRUGGLE FOR UNITY.
10 POINTS CHARTER OF DEMANDS OF CONFEDERATION
1. Scrap New Contributory Pension scheme (NPS). Restore Old defined benefit Pension Scheme (OPS) to all employees. Guarantee 50% of the last pay drawn as Minimum Pension.
2. Honour assurance given by Group of Ministers (GoM) to NJCA leaders on 30-06-2016. Increase Minimum Pay and Fitment formula. Withdraw the proposed move to modify the existing time-tested methodology for calculation of Minimum wage. Grant HRA arrears from 01-01-2016. Withdraw “Very Good” bench mark for MACP, Grant promotional heirarchy and date of effect from 01-01-2006. Grant Option-I parity recommended by 7th CPC to all Central Govt. Pensioners. Settle all anomalies arising out of 7th CPC implementation.
3. Stop corporatisation/privatisation of Railways, Defence and Postal Departments. Withdraw closure orders of Govt. of India Printing Presses. Stop proposed move to close down Salt Department. Stop closure of Govt. establishments and outsourcing.
4. Fill up all six lakhs vacant posts in the Central Government Departments in a time bound manner. Reintroduce Regional Recruitment for Group B & C posts.
5. (a) Regularisation of Gramin Dak Sevaks and grant of Civil servant status. Implement remaining positive recommendations of Kamalesh Chandra Committee report.
(b) Regularise all casual and contract workers including those joined on or after 01-09-1993.
6. Ensure equal pay for equal work for all. Remove disparity in pay scales between Central Secretariat staff and similarly placed staff working in field units of various departments.
7. Implement 7th CPC Wage Revision and Pension revision of remaining Autonomous bodies. Ensure payment of arrears without further delay. Grant Bonus to Autonomous body employees pending from 2016-17 onwards.
8. Remove 5% condition imposed on compassionate appointments. Grant appointment in all eligible cases.
9. Grant five time bound promotions to all Group B & C employees. Complete Cadre Review in all departments within a time-frame.
10. (a) Withdraw the anti-worker wage/labour codes and other anti-worker Labour reforms. Stop attack on trade union rights. Ensure prompt functioning of various negotiating forums under the JCM Scheme at all levels.
(b) Withdraw the draconian FR 56 (j) and Rule 48 of CCS (Pension Rules 1972.