Saturday, 20 June 2020
Central Working Committee Meeting of AIPEU, Group-C was held on 18.06.2020 at 11 A.M. through Video Conferencing
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP ‘C’
Federated with the “National Federation of Postal Employees”
CHQ: Dada Ghosh Bhawan, 2151/1, New Patel Road, New Delhi – 110008
President: N. Subramanian, Ph: 8148101449 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Secretary: R. N. Parashar, Ph: 9718686800 Website: aipeup3chq.com
Ref: P-3/CWC/2020 Dated :20.06.2020
Circle Secretaries/CHQ Office Bearers
Central Working Committee Meeting of AIPE Union Group-C was held on 18.06.2020 at 11 A.M. through Video Conferencing
Com. N. Subramanian President, , Presided Over the Meeting:
General, Secretary Welcomed all Circle Secretaries and CHQ Office Bearers and stated about the need of CWC Meeting through Video Conferencing as the physical meeting is not possible due to Covid-19 Crises. After All India Conference held at Hyderabad in October -2019 , CWC Meeting could not be held after spread of Corona Virus and due to so many restrictions imposed on travelling and gathering by Government of India , the same was postponed.
Most of the Circle Secretaries and CHQ Bearers, Women Committee Members participated in meeting. Some could not take part in deliberations due to technology related problems. They were requested to send notes and they have sent notes.
The agenda as mentioned below was read out by General Secretary on direction of President which was approved by the house.
1. Organizational Review.
2. Review of situation arisen out of Covid-19
3. Review of agitational programmes on 1st May and 22nd May -2020 on the call of NFPE and Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers.
4. Membership Verification.
5. Formation of Adhoc Committee for Gujarat & K&K Circle.
6. Any other items with the permission of Chair.
Homage was paid to the Martyrs who scarified their life in saving the mother land after clash with Chines Army. Besides this homage was paid to all Trade Union activists , political and social leaders and common man who expired during this period and who lost their lives due to Covid-19 and other natural calamities e.g. Amphan and Nishang Cyclone. One Minute Silence was observed to pay tributes to all.
Initiating the discussion General Secretary stated that organizationally more problems are being faced. Due to Covid-19 Circes, organizational meetings are not being held. Conferences at all level are not being held due to restrictions on gathering and movement.
We have requested administration to extend Trade Union facilities at all level till normalcy is restored. Periodical & JCM meetings are also not being held resultantly the issues are lying unsettled.
Membership Verification was announced to be carried out online, which we have opposed. New enrolment of new membership and modification which takes place every year in the month of April , on our request the period was extended up to June-30 and will be carried out through Check off system i.e. through submission of letters of authorization.
On unilateral decision of Government to freeze the DA & DR of employees and pensioners, protest demonstration call was given by Confederation/NFPE and it was observed throughout the Country
On 22nd May, protest demonstration call was given by Confederation and NFPE against change of labour laws and other policy offensives being unleshed by the Government of India and it was also observed at all work places throughout the Country maintaining the norms of NDMA due to Covid-19 Crisis .
During this period of Crisis due to Covid-19 Postal/RMS and GDS staff has suffered a lot. After being declared postal services as essential service. Officials were put on duty at their risk without providing them adequate security measures and safe transportation facilities. So many Guide lines , advisories and instructions were issued by MHA , Health Ministry, DOPT and Department of Posts. But at lower level officers did not comply with the same and forced the staff to work under risky conditions. The most dangerous work was given i.e. Aadhar enabled Payments Service through IPPB and it caused infection to Postal employees and at some places some employees expired after being infected from Corona Virus. Which is very unfortunate?
All Circle Secretaries , CHQ Office Bearers and Women Committee Members deliberated on all the issues and the gist of the discussion on important issues and decision is as under:
1. Compassionate Appointments should be given to the ward of deceased employees due to Covid-19, immediately relaxing the norms and all pensionery benefits and ex-gratia Rs.10 lakh should be given to the family.
2. Special Casual Leave should be granted to all the employees who could not join duty under compelling circumstances due to lockdown. Leave period should also be regularized.
3. Regarding Membership Verification, for regular & GDS employees it should not be done online. It should be through check off system as per provision of CCS (RSA) Rules.
4. Casual, Part-time, Contingent, Daily rated Mazdoors and out sourced workers should be paid wages for lockdown period.
5. Road Transport Net Work proposal should be dropped in RMS.
6. Decentralization of DAP should be dropped.
7. Roaster should be continued till Covid-19 Crisis is over.
8. Stop Common Service Centres in Post Offices.
9. Risk allowance should be granted to Postal and GDS employees temporarily till Covid-19 Crisis.
10. Aadhar service should not be started and unscientific targets for opening of accounts in IPPB and Aadhar enabled payments service should not be imposed on employees.
11. One Day Protest Demonstration on 3rd July-2020
Opposing Change in Labour laws, migrant labourers issues, against freezing of DA/DR , Scrapping NPS and restoration of OPS , should be held at all work places.
Item no. 5 : The Adhoc Committee for Gujarat Circle was formed as under:
Convenor : Com. M K Pandya , PRI(P), Nanded HO
(1) Com. K B Chudasm PRI(P) , Raj Kot HO
(ii) Com. D H Solanki , PA-Sabarmati SO, Ahmedabad
(iii) Com. M G Dulera , PA Paladi HO , Ahmedabad.
The formation of adhoc. Committee in J&K Circle was kept in abeyance till new Membership Verification due to some inevitable reasons.
CWC resolved that the decisions taken by NFPE , Confederation and Central Trade Unions will be compiled with by P-III Union.
Further it was also decided that there are so may other sectional issues. But the Directorate is also not functioning in full fledged manner due to Covid-19 Crisis. After normalcy restores, a detailed memorandum on all issues will be submitted to Secretary Posts for settlement in a time bound manner after convening a meeting with unions failing which serious agitational programmes will be lunched culminating into definite or indefinite strike.
Again making appeal for holding protest demonstration on 03rd July-2020 at all work places maintaining the norms of NDMA. We on behalf of P-III CHQ, convey revolutionary greetings to all.
Copy to :
1. The Secretary, Department of Posts , Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110 001
2. The Director General, Department of Posts , Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
3. The Member (P), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
4. The DDG( SR & Legal), Department of Posts Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110 001.
5. The Director (SR & Legal) Department of Posts , Dak Bhawan, New Delhi : for necessary action